Ephesians 6:18 AMP
Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty. To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose and perseverance, interceding in behalf of all the saints (God’s consecrated people).
NKJV: Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart.
AMP: Also [Jesus] told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not to turn coward (faint, lose heart, and give up).
- Rodney Howard Browne shows us that prayer is communication with your Heavenly Father.
- Prayer changes things—prayer changes people.
- If you want results when you pray, you must follow the rules.
- There are different kinds of prayer in the Bible. You cannot pray the same prayer for every situation.
- With different kinds of prayer, there are different rules just as different sports have different rules even though they are all sports.
- Prayer of consecration.
- Some people say, “If it be Thy will” every time they pray, but this not the only way to pray.
- This is a prayer of consecration. Even Jesus only prayed that once—in the Garden of Gethsemane. (Luke 22:42)
- When it comes to getting something from God, we do not pray, “If it be thy will.” We already have God’s promise in His Word.
- Rodney Howard Browne shows us God’s will.
- We need to realize that it is God’s will that all our needs—spiritual; physical; material—be met.
- Isaiah 1:19 AMP – If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land.
- 3 John 2 NKJV – Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers.
- Rodney Howard Browne discusses the Prayer of petition.
- When you pray—when you ask God for anything— you must pray in faith and expectation.
- Mark 11:24 NKJV – Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them.
- Mark 11:24 AMP – For this reason I am telling you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe (trust and be confident) that it is granted to you, and you will [get it]. You can only pray this prayer for yourself.
- Praise and answered prayer.
- There is a time to ask and a time to praise and worship God.
- When Jehoshaphat and Judah were faced with several nations—a great multitude—coming to fight with them, they chose to praise and worship God and He delivered them.
- 2 Chronicles 20:21-22 NKJV – And when he had consulted with the people, he appointed those who should sing to the Lord, and who should praise the beauty of holiness, as they went out before the army and were saying: “Praise the Lord, For His mercy endures forever.” 22 Now when they began to sing and to praise, the Lord set ambushes against the people of Ammon, Moab, and Mount Seir, who had come against Judah; and they were defeated.
- Paul and Silas were beaten and chained up, but when they began to praise and worship God, they were delivered.
- Acts 16:25-26 NKJV – But at midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them. 26 Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken; and immediately all the doors were opened and everyone’s chains were loosed.
- Tell God what you want and then just worship Him and thank Him.
- Don’t worry.
- Philippians 4:6-7 NKJV – Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God.
- Be anxious for nothing means: do not worry about anything.
- 1 Peter 5:6-7 AMP – Therefore humble yourselves [demote, lower yourselves in your own estimation] under the mighty hand of God, that in due time He may exalt you, 7 Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.
- Cast ALL your cares—not just some of them—on Him.
- When you believe God’s Word and refuse to worry, some people think that there is something wrong with you.
- Casting your cares does not mean that you ignore your situation; it means you give it to the Lord—you put it in His hands.
- Psalms 37:5 AMP – Commit your way to the Lord [roll and repose each care of your load on Him]; trust (lean on, rely on, and be confident) also in Him and He will bring it to pass.
- When you cast your cares on the Lord and commit your ways to Him, you demonstrate trust and faith in Him to bring it to pass.
- Many people do not get their prayers answered, because they won’t stop worrying and won’t cast their cares on the Lord.
- United prayer.
- If we, as the Church; as the Body of Christ, join our hearts, faith and voices together to pray and ask God for anything, we will see God do mighty things.
- Acts 4:23-24a NKJV – And being let go, they went to their own companions and reported all that the chief priests and elders had said to them. 24 So when they heard that, they raised their voice to God with one accord…
- Acts 4:29-30 NKJV – Now, Lord, look on their threats, and grant to Your servants that with all boldness they may speak Your word, 30 by stretching out Your hand to heal, and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Your holy Servant Jesus.
- Prayer that is prayed in agreement—in one accord—is answered prayer.
- Matthew 18:19 NKJV – Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.