“From the Heart” teaching by Drs. Rodney & Adonica Howard-Browne.
Foundation Scriptures: John 14:13-26; John 15:26; John 16:7-15
And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything in My name, I will do it. 15 “If you love Me, keep My commandments. 16 And I will pray the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever — 17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him; but you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you. 18 I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you. 19 “A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also. 20 At that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you. 21 He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.” 22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to Him, “Lord, how is it that You will manifest Yourself to us, and not to the world?” 23 Jesus answered and said to him, “If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him. 24 He who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which you hear is not Mine but the Father’s who sent Me. 25 “These things I have spoken to you while being present with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you. John 14:13-26 NKJV
“But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me. John 15:26 NKJV
Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.
8 And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: 9 of sin, because they do not believe in Me; 10 of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; 11 of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. 12 “I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. 13 However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. 14 He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. 15 All things that the Father has are Mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you. John 16:7-15 NKJV
The Holy Spirit is the Third Person of the God-Head. He IS God
- He is omnipresent—every where
- He is omnipotent—all powerful
- He is omniscient—all knowing
- He is the One Who makes Jesus real to us. He is the Artist Who paints Jesus on the canvas of life
The Work of the Holy Spirit in the Life of the Believer
- You are born again by the Holy Spirit
- John 3:5-7
- The Holy Spirit bears witness to us that we are the children of God
- 1 John 5:10
- Galatians 4:6-7
- Romans 8:14-17
- We are baptized into the Body of Christ at the New Birth.
- 1 Corinthians 12:12-13
- The Holy Spirit seals the believer.
- Ephesians 1:13-14
- Ephesians 4:30
- The Holy Spirit sanctifies the believer.
- 2 Thessalonians 2:13
- 1 Peter 1:1-2
- The Holy Spirit helps us to mortify the flesh.
- Romans 8:5-13
- The Holy Spirit enables us to be transformed into the image of Jesus.
- 2 Corinthians 3:18
- The Holy Spirit produces fruit in the believer’s life.
- Galatians 5:22-23
- The Holy Spirit’s Work in Relation to Ministry
- He baptizes us, fills us and empowers us for service.
- Acts 1:8
- He reveals to us God’s will through His word.
- 2 Peter 1:20-21
- He helps us to pray.
- Romans 8:26-27
- Ephesians 6:18
- Jude 20
- 1 Corinthians 14:14-15
- He gives us the power to preach, teach and demonstrate the Gospel.
- 1 Corinthians 2:4-5
- 1 Thessalonians 1:5
- The Gifts of the Spirit are made available to us.
- 1 Corinthians 12:4-11
The Comforter – Our Comforter
- John 16:7
- John 14:16
- He comforts us by leading us into Truth.
- John 16:13
- He not only teaches us, but He continues to remind us of God’s word and His promises.
- John 14:26
- He shows Himself TO us, He does a work IN us and He works THROUGH us.